If you have water damage in your home, you should get it fixed immediately. Mold is a very possible thing when it comes to moisture. It will grow on walls, floors, and anywhere that is flat and warm. If there’s no ventilation, mold will definitely thrive. Water damage can come from anywhere, especially if there’s humidity around.
Dehumidifiers can help, but if you have mold, you have to get rid of it. Mold is dangerous to people and can cause a lot of breathing problems and even cause some to get sick. Never play around with this fungus! One of the ways to get rid of it is an ozone generator.
Damage Control 911 has a lot of information on ozone generators. While they won’t out-right kill the mold itself, it will destroy the mold spores that are causing respiratory issues and sickness. Since ozone gas affects living things, it will also bring down those spores and kill them.
However, breathing it in is dangerous for us as well, so you should use caution and only run them in unoccupied spaces. That means you shouldn’t be in the room when it’s running. No one else should, either. Take any pets and plants out of the room as well, considering they can fall ill under the effects of ozone.